1. Education and employment history: CV or letter listing full education and employment history, giving explanations for any gaps in either your education or employment.
2. Experience/Qualifications: copies of certificates and qualifications obtained from your secondary school, college or university; copies of any certificates from hobbies or activities that may be interesting to your Host Family; copies of any childcare certificates, if applicable.
3. A minimum of 2 references (in English): all references must have a full name, address, contact telephone number, email address and be dated and signed by the referee (not from family or friends).
4. A medical certificate from your family doctor to show you are in good health.
5. A “Dear Family letter”: written in English and telling your new family about you, your home, your own family, your interests and why you want to be au-pair. It should also include details of any childcare or work with children, babysitting, help in the home, housework you have done and for how long.
6. A copy of the details page of your passport and/or identity card, including any permits or visas if applicable.
7. A police check certificate to show that you have no criminal record in your own country.
8. Photographs of yourself (happy and smiling ones).